Monday 24 November 2014

Hosts of Translated-from-German Books on Impac Longlist

The 142 books longlisted for the 2015 International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award include shit-loads of translations from German. To wit:

Julia Franck: Back to Back (tr. Anthea Bell)

Sabine Gruber: Roman Elegy (tr. Peter Lewis)

Daniela Krien: Someday We'll Tell Each Other Everything (tr. Jamie Bulloch)

Pedro Lenz: Naw Much of a Talker (tr. Donal McLaughlin)

Eugen Ruge: In Times of Fading Light (tr. Anthea Bell)

Simon Urban: Plan D (translated by me - thank you again, person at the zlb, for the patriotic nominations, ahem)

We all stand to win huge bags full of cash, although my money's on Eugen Ruge.

1 comment:

Harvey Morrell said...

Just as an FYI, I asked Elena Lappin (Maxim Biller's sister) if someone was translating Im Kopf von Bruno Schulz and she told me Anthea Bell did and Pushkin Press would be releasing it soon. Now I'll be able to recommend it to my friends who don't read German.