Monday 25 August 2008

Pause - Break - Playtime

This week I'll be taking part in the LCB's summer academy for translators of German-language literature. So I probably won't have a great deal of time or energy left over to blog, I'm afraid. I will try to share some of the promised insights at some point, though - Hitler and the Consequences in Literature, the Latest Trends in Contemporary German Literature, German Literature in the Public Arena. Plus a million readings and visits to publishers.

Saturday, by the way, is Indies Day on Lake Wannsee, with 18 small publishers plying their wares in the beautiful lakeside garden at the LCB. I'll be making my way there after celebrating my favourite aunt-in-law's 70th birthday in Altglienicke, which is about as far away from Wannsee as you can get without leaving Berlin's city limits.

No comments: