Wednesday 5 March 2014

Berlin Book Lovers

You may remember I was a bit frustrated by the whole internet dating experience. And I'd been thinking for some time how great it would be to have a website for getting in touch with other culture vultures. Strangely, nobody dashed to my aid and invented one, so I have done so myself.

So I hereby present Berlin Book Lovers. It's a non-commercial contact site for people in Berlin who love books. I've kept it very, very simple. All it consists of is professional photos of people with their favourite book, with a contact form if you'd like to write to them. It's not actually a dating site as such, because a lot of people said they already had a partner but they'd still like to be part of it. So, you know. If you'd like to swap books or go for a coffee with anyone, drop them a line. Or whatever.

If you're in Berlin you can join in as well. The next photo session is on 15 March. Get in touch via the "Join" page on the website itself if you can make it. The very first round of photos, i.e. at that session, will be free. At all photo sessions after that you pay a one-off fee of €25 to cover the photographer, but you do get to keep the fabulous picture of yourself with your favourite book.

I chose the title because it's infinitely expandable. So if people in Buenos Aires want to do the same thing they can set up Buenos Aires Book Lovers. Or if film buffs in Berlin want to do the same thing they can set up Berlin Film Lovers. You get the point. If you want to do something similar, do let me know via the "Join" page as well, and I'd be happy to offer help and advice.

I'd like to thank the wonderful photographer, Anja Pietsch, and all the friends who've helped out with ideas and criticism. I'm eternally grateful to my delightful models, who are waiting for you to contact them as we speak. And especially, I'd like to thank Klaus Kowalke from the bookshop Lessing und Kompagnie, whose beautiful tumblr site gave me the idea, and who was totally gracious about me blatantly stealing it.  

I hope you like it.

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Really awesome post, i am definately gonna bookmark your blog - Mike Cooper led bulbs supplier

Angelina Jullie said...

What a great set of content! Really amazing to read and increasing the workout. I surely pick this for my own need. Great publish!


Emma Swan Jacket

Mike Rooney said...

My brother in law set me up with a blind date. The boy worked for him and he set me up with his girlfriend's sister. She was nice looking not fat but very healthy. When we got there she just. Apoc Euphoria Jacket

davidmillar said...

How are you? I miss your posts and I hope this finds you well. The Rock Jumanji Vest

William Jacket said...

Thanks for sharing such information with us. It was too useful and productive. Shadowhunters Jacket . Please keep posting such great work.

William Jacket said...

Thanks for sharing such information with us. It was too useful and productive. Steve Trevor Wonder Woman Coat . Please keep posting such great work.

Mike Rooney said...

I simply want to tell you that I am new to weblog and definitely liked this blog site. F9 Concert Leather Jacket

Ward Moller said...

Urgent care medical centers are facilities that are able to offer immediate care to serious health care problems. These facilities tend to care for cases that require the immediate attention of the doctors without having an appointment, to reduce the hassles of the patient. As for an Find a Best Cosmetic Dentist, USA and more, they tend to cases such as patients who have knocked a tooth out of the mouth ad needs replacing.

Mike Rooney said...

I really enjoyed this site. This is such a Great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information.
PUBG 5M Bomber Jacket

William Jacket said...

Thanks for sharing such information with us. It was too useful and productive. Monroe Maroon Maroon Vest . Please keep posting such great work.

William Jacket said...

Thanks for sharing such information with us. It was too useful and productive. Tariq St Patrick Shearling Hooded Jacket . Please keep posting such great work.

Derek Murphy said...

I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people. Click Here

LerenJack said...

This Winter Sale LerenJack Is offering up to 60% off upto and an extra $30 off with the code SAVE10 Visit Ted Lasso Jason Sudeikis Jacket

Unknown said...

his is a very well-written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post... Squid Game Jacket

Jason Jacket said...

I am so happy to come across this piece of write up, very much advanced my understanding to the next top level. Great job and continue to do same.Jason Jacket

Anonymous said...

This post is the most incredible article I haven't read in a very long time. I hope to read more from this blog Pakistan Official News.

Best-Rated Writers Online said...

Are you in search of Nursing School Papers UK? let us help you contact us for more information.

Yellowstone Merch said...

Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.Yellowstone Merch

Anna said...

Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site, perfectly great articles. Mens Slim Fit Jacket

Unknown said...

Excellent article. The writing style which you have used in this article is very good and it made the article of better quality. Thank you so much for this informative post.
Fury Brad Pitt Jacket

Amelie Zilber said...

This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck. New Arrivals

Anna247 said...

The Tokyo Manji Gang Jacket is designed to dazzle passers-by. The jacket is made of a clean poly/cotton fabric with viscose lining on the inside. Tokyo Revengers Black Bomber Tokyo Manji Gang Jacket The jacket is a deep shade of black with a front zipper closing. Even when worn with formal slacks, the rib-knit collar is designed to set you apart from the crowd. Two pockets on the front and two on the inside of the jacket complete the style. The long sleeves add to the list of compliments.

deanffranklin@gmail.com said...

Much obliged for sharing this great post . It is significant and exceptionally helpful for us, and the articles are great to impart to everybody. Keep doing awesome! Much obliged to you for the exceptionally educational article. naruto jacket

Unknown said...

This letter is awesome. I am happy to find it. It's a great post.
Top Gun Bomber Jacket

john said...

This book is very nice. Thor Love and Thunder Leather vest I read this book. This article is very nice. Thank for sharing this post.

cristinajohn said...

It was very useful to me. Thank you so much as you have been willing to share information with us. We will forever admire all you have done here . Very Much Appreciated..Fast and Furious 9 Jacket

Anonymous said...

Hmm… I interpret blogs on a analogous issue, however i never visited your blog. I added it to populars also i’ll be your faithful primer..Hailey Upton Jacket

Dorm Party said...

Thanks for sharing the lovable blog post. Do you want to rank through SEO

Derek Advert said...

Here is the article about the List of Asia Cup 2022 Sponsors, Official & Co-Sponsors. Asia Cup 15th edition is going to start on 27 August 2022. List Of Asia Cup 2022